Client: Hollingsworth

Mrs.Hollingsworth was the first Sword & Brush Medici patron. She commissioned me at the U. S. Summer Nationals Fencing Championships held in Charlotte, NC in 2004. This opportunity was especially meaningful to me because this event was really the debut of the gallery on the national circuit and where I was named the Official Artist of the United States Fencing Association. Mrs. Hollingsworth took a chance on me, an unknown element. I was proud to serve her and especially proud that she was pleased with the final painting.

The two photos were used as reference material. Neither alone was suitable. One had the hand I needed but not so great of a pose. The other photo had the pose but no hand. So I decided to combine the two. The result is the final watercolor painting entitled, " Morris Coming At You".





Comments

Popular Posts