"The Bottom Line" -Kent Gallery Show-1/31/06



I entered 3 paintings in the show, which are seen in the photo above. From left to right: "The Approach"," P-Funk' 87", "Position in Time".

"The Approach", is a painting from my fencing series. I have recieved alot of praise for it. I admit is also one of my favorites.

"P-Funk '87", is a brand new painting..right off the studio floor, that I executed as a tribute to my favorite musician and performer, Prince. The tribute is based on his great album, Sign O' the Times, produced in 1987. Yes, I'm a big Prince fan and of his Minneapolis Funk, especially back in the day!

"Position in Time" is a painting from my string theory series. See previous November 2005 posting, "New Painting in the String Theory Series", for information on the painting.



(This photo is was taken by me of my fellow participating artists posing in front of my three paintings. See JCAAA blog posting for more info on the show.)

The show opened January 31, 2006 and will run through February 21, 2006. The participating JCAAA membership had a very impressive showing. I was really struck by the amount of people who showed up. Thanks to Marsha Hatcher (JCAAA) and Angelina Fogle (FCCJ Kent), for coordinating the show and for working with us all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey keep up the good work.

Popular Posts