Surviving through Thriving -4/6/06

Artist Statement

My paintings reflect the survivor within me. I’m a competitive fencer and fencing coach. I practice, train, and compete all year long in order to become a better fencer. I work just as hard as an artist. This is because I’m just as passionate about fencing as I am about creating art. Fencing has given me a mental and physical outlet and helps me to stay fit and healthy. This allows me to survive the other demands of my life that include being a Navy wife and mother of a small child…not to mention pursuing my art career. I get such a rush from both fencing and making art. I hope that my fencing paintings reflect the passion I feel for two of my great loves.

Princess Simpson Rashid,

March 23, 2006
Jacksonville, FL


Comments

Popular Posts