Weekend Road Trip To San Francisco, CA-Day 1

Well, this weekend my husband, daughter and I took a mini-vacation to San Francisco. It was only about a 2 hr. drive from Monterey, CA where we are living now. My husband is on break from graduate school and so we thought it would be a nice way to spend some much needed quality family time together. The best part is that I got to plan the itinerary.


I knew we were only going to be in town for 2 days which isn't alot of time. So I wanted to pick places that would be fun for all of us, including my 7 year old. Turns out, I only picked one place that was fun for her and that was the Exploratorium: The Museum of Science, Art & Human Perception. I think she liked it so much because it was so interactive.



Day 1:

The Exploratorium, is a very kid-centric place but not overly. Adults can have just as much fun as the kids with the many hands-on, interactive displays and experiments. Even though it was a very cool place, there wasn't much use of the AC (air conditioner). And the place was packed when we got there.

So pregnant lady that I am, I didn't get to experience all the awesome stuff the museum had to offer. While my husband and super-excited kid went to enjoy the SOUND experiments and displays, I could be found sitting in the shade trying not to overheat and rest my aching pregnant feet. Well, that's motherhood for you. I tried to be a little productive and take photos.




Don't they look cute in the photo above. Jana and her dad are working the Daisy Dyno! In this a simple motor, electricity and magnetism make a disk spin.

For more information about the Exploratorium visit their website.

The next post will discuss why I really chose this museum to visit besides the kid-centric reasons. I was really fascinated about the mission of this place and wanted to experience it first hand. So check out the upcoming post.

Comments

Popular Posts