Happy New Year Everyone!-Here's The Plan
Well, 2008 was a good year for me, especially personally. I was inspired by Alyson B. Stanfield of ArtBiz Blog to write down my accomplishments of the last year. So here's an edited version.
What I accomplished in 2008:
1. Had a healthy baby girl
2. Booked one solo show for 2009
3. Exhibited in three group shows in California
4. Participated in one printmaking workshop
5. Found and rented an art studio in the Art District of Pacific Grove, CA
6. Sold seven painting through my gallery in Jacksonville, FL
7. Applied to two national art grants
8. Submitted to Gamblins Torrit’s Grey Competition
9. Named 2008 Cover Artist for Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville
10. Cleaned out my bedroom closet
11. Kept better books for my business with Quicken
12. Began cataloging my paintings in Flick!
13. Published a Blurb book
14. Bought and read “I’d Rather Be In the Studio” by Alyson B. Stanfield.
15. Started new sport-fencing blog (www.sportfencingpaintings.blogspot.com)
16. Submitted two exhibition proposals
17. Opened two new Cafepress Stores
So to sum up: I had a beautiful new daughter, sold a few paintings and got a little more organized.
So what do I have planned for 2009? Well, at the top of my list, I would like to blog more. So expect more posts weekly. My plan is to blog daily or at least a minimum of 3 times a week. Let's see. I wouldn't mind you all holding me accountable to that. Plus comments are great motivation to bloggers. So I encourage you all to comment more on the blog and not just through emails.
I have some exciting things planned for this blog and my readers this year so please stay tuned. Consider subscribing if you haven't already and/or check the blog regularly to see what's new in terms of upcoming shows, give-a-ways, polls etc.
I appreciate all of you who have taken an interest in my work and read this blog. Thank you and let's continue this journey together into 2009!