A Bit of Studio Nostagia (Part 3)

You may be wondering what the big deal is. Why was this studio space so special to me?

[Photo Credit-Lindsey Klinger, c.2009]

Well to start, I really pushed my working process in that space. I produced a considerable amount of paintings there and it was the largest private studio space I've had so far. I think even more importantly was that I started leasing it a month before my last child was born. And that was like a leap of faith.

[Photo Credit-Lindsey Klinger, c.2009]

Back then, I wasn't sure that I would even have time to use the space with a new baby at home not to mention a 7 year old. The main problem with having a studio outside the home is physically getting to it to work.

[Photo Credit-Lindsey Klinger, c.2009]

But I have to say, with the support and encouragement of my husband, who was in a demanding graduate program at the time, I was able to carve out a few blocks of uninterrupted time a week for most of that year. I would come home refreshed and more energized to be the mother and wife my family needed. That was great! Now I'm on to find the magic again in Tampa, FL.

Comments

Popular Posts