Sketchbook-More Coffee Shop Studies

I mentioned in a previous post that I like drawing on napkins when I'm out sketching, especially in coffee shops. It's weird but I feel less pressure and more deliberate in getting the lines down. Hmmmm.....


I like how the flower pattern of the napkin "fit" into the sketch. I can use that. However, I think I could have done a better job on the pastry display windows. I left them a bit flat but all in all, I think I captured what I was after in a few minutes..(before the characters moved and the scene changed.?




I know that napkin paper is not archival and thus not suitable for marketable work but I like the texture and feel of it as a drawing and watercolor substrate.

Maybe, I'll do some studies on Japanese rice paper...that could have a similar feel... What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts