Sketchbook Project 2011

"It's like a concert tour, but with sketchbooks"

A few years ago while surfing the web, I came across the Art House Co-op site.  The projects that were proposed always grabbed my attention but it was never the right time for me to commit. ..(I was either moving cross-country or pregnant or just plain lazy...)

This year I finally felt ready to participate and I even made the deadline....Yay! My theme was "Down Your Street". It was one of the more tame theme choices....but I am happy with the result. I will post some of my favorite sketches next.

The Sketchbook Project: 2011


"Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited in galleries and art museums as they make their way on tour across the country.

After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection at the Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

28837 artists from 94 countries around the world are participating. The tour starts February 2011".

To learn the exact location of the tour, click here for map.

Comments

Popular Posts