Spring Catch Up

Artist, Princess Rashid painting in plein air at the
Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens,
April 7-9, 2011
I admit it. I am terribly behind on my blogging. I have a solo show I coming up that opens later this month at the Lake Eustis Museum of Art. Therefore, I want to catch you all up (dear readers) on my previous recent activities so that next week we can focus on discussing the new paintings that I have created for my show, entitled  "Passion, Perception, Symbolism: Princess Rashid".

Over the next few days, I will be posting more frequently and sharing with you about a three day plein air event in April called "A Brush With Nature" [link].  I was honored to have been invited to participate among 38 of the top landscape painters in Florida. The location at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens [link] was beautiful and inspiring. I was able to produce three paintings in the three days and gained a new collector.  I also gave a demo on the use of oil sticks.

This was a great experience. I think after my solo exhibition in Lake Eustis I will do more plein air painting.  I am hooked.

Comments

Popular Posts