"Drying Off"-Original Oil Painting (6 x 6")

This original oil painting, "Drying Off" will be on display at the Harris Art Center from August 1 to September 9, 2011.

"Drying Off"
Oil & Oil stick on Board
6 x 6"
AVAILABLE


Contact artist [email] for purchase information

I created "Drying Off" on location in Eustis, FL when I went to pick up my paintings from the Lake Eustis Museum of Art (LEMA). I had a few hours to kill before I met the with the curator.  I went down to the city lake. My original intention  was to force myself to find a scene and capture it in about an hour. That was the only time I had before my meeting with the curator at LEMA.

I came across this bird and was drawn to it. I think I captured the essence of the scene. But once again, I was forced to become a shrink when strangers decided to share their innermost secrets with me while I was painting. I am standing there trying to capture this bird on a stick before it decides to fly away and  two different people stopped and in the conversation unloaded totally personal info about themselves.  I hope I was able to help...

Anyway, I got the gist of the image down before I had to go. I took a reference photo and for a few days later, I worked on it to get it ready for this plein air show.

It would make a great asset to your collection (smile). Email or leave a comment if you have any questions [my email].

Harris Art Center
212 South Wall Street, Calhoun, Georgia 30701, 
Phone: 706.629.2599

Comments

Lesley said…
Maybe you should get one of those "Doctor is In/Out" signs for your easel, you know like Lucy in Charlie Brown? :-) Sweet little painting!
Princess Rashid said…
Thanks Lesley, I think you are right about the doctor sign. Oy!

Popular Posts