First Studio Night After Stuffing

The Thanksgiving holiday has passed and its my first night back in the studio after my trip and exhibit opened in Jacksonville, FL at the Museum of Science & History (MOSH) last Friday.  It's been about a week since I painted.  I am cranky....

The first day/night back in the studio is the hardest.  It's so quiet here now except for the saxophone man panhandling on the street. I hope he does well, it the holidays and he's playing Christmas tunes the day after Thanksgiving..smart..he's getting the jump on things....

I open my studio door and I see the work facing me.....




I sit down and stare at the paintings I started during my live painting performance at MOSH. That was a fun night and the liquid nitro we poured on them at the end, hasn't seem to affect the paint emulsion.....

As I stare at the larger painting, I just feel I need to be with it. I need to sit with it and be open to where the painting can go. I don't what to take it too far from this first state. There is a freshness that I like....There's good flow and basically the design and composition are sound. I added the black and white photo version to see if the values worked and they do somewhat...I think the painting just needs a tweak here and there to clean it up and finish it.

For now, I will just sit and stare at it for a while.  I should have brought a good bottle of wine with me to the studio...instead I just have a cup of coffee and the sax man in the background....

Comments

Popular Posts