The Usual Suspects

Happy Fourth of July! Enjoy the fireworks! Here's a few shots of what I'm setting off in my studio this month. Of course, I am using my usual partners in crime...Golden Fluid Acrylics!

The main Fluid Acrylics used in this painting:
Cerulean Blue Chromium, Naphthol Red Light, Hansa Yellow, Phthalo Turquoise.
Painting detail by Princess Simpson Rashid.

This painting may look familiar to you.  I am continuing to refine the painting I started during a live painting performance last November (2011) at the Museum of Science and History in Jacksonville, FL.

Look how the paint takes on an organic nature in its flow.
Painting used:Cerulean Blue Chromium, Naphthol Red Light, Hansa Yellow, Phthalo Turquoise.
Painting detail by Princess Simpson Rashid.

The painting is in what I call its critical stage. It is just about done. Just needs a touch here and there...If I go too far though or work on it in the wrong state of mind, the painting could be ruined in sense. 


The pure flowing and spontaneous effect I'm after with the fluid acrylic would be lost if I were to lose the moment. I feel like a conductor of a symphony arranging my colors into beautiful music.



Comments

Popular Posts