"Prism"-Acrylic on Canvas

"Prism" was created exclusively using Fluid Acrylics and Tar Gel Medium by Golden Artist Colors. I used a staining style which yields a pretty smooth paint finish. For me, with this type of application, leaving areas of the canvas visible (white) is just as important as the paint to get the desired effect. It is very similar to how a watercolorist would use the watercolor paper to maintain a type of "freshness" in the work.
"Prism" | 24 x24" | Acrylic on Canvas | c. 2013 Princess S. Rashid
AVAILABLE

Check out this video where we pour liquid nitrogen over the painting during my live painting performance at the Museum of Science and History (MOSH) in Jacksonville, FL. Pretty cool!-(Pun intended!)  I would love to hear from you about what you think of the painting. Can you see why I named it "Prism"?




Comments

Popular Posts